You are the size of a fig - just over 1.5 inches! My morning sickness is finally starting to subside, so thank you for that.
Your daddy and I went out today to look for a file cabinet and some maternity clothes for me and ended up unexpectedly at Babies-R-Us. Your daddy wandered off and was looking at cribs (also, unexpected). He found one that he really liked, and he sold me on the idea of a crib/changer combo.
We didn't buy it, of course (and it wasn't on sale for that price) - remember that we don't "rush" into anything, and we also don't have the room for it yet. Instead, we decided to check out some reviews online and in books on the crib specifically and the company in general. Your daddy likes the idea of a changing table attached to your crib because it sits up higher for him and still at a reasonable height for me. Hopefully you'll like whatever we finally get, but I was glad that your daddy was enthusiastic about finding you a place to sleep.
I spoke to your Grandmother H. today. She has been telling a number of people about you - we asked her not to, but your daddy and I didn't really expect that she would be able to keep you a secret. It's okay, though. On Tuesday I have an evening doctor's appointment (so your daddy can go, too!), and if we get to hear your heartbeat, we'll probably just go ahead and tell people. I believe that you are doing just fine, but I also worry. I'm your mother - I'll be doing that forever, so you might as well accept it!
You are coming at a very good time for us. Your daddy and I both have good jobs and have been able to save some money away for a new car. We are very lucky and grateful for what we have, particularly with so many other people suffering and struggling just to survive. I'm glad that we'll be able to bring you into a secure loving home without having to worry about how we are going to pay for our next meal. With stable jobs we enjoy, a little house, and you on the way, we are certainly feeling lucky.
11 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment