Dear Gremlin,
We got to hear your heartbeat on Tuesday! After that, we felt safe enough to tell everyone about you - there was much happiness and more crying than I was comfortable with, both from friends and co-workers.
This weekend we went to see your Grandama H., who is just as excited as expected. We went shopping to look for all sorts of things for you, but we didn't end up buying anything, instead just testing out some options to see what we were are interested in for you. There are a lot of choices to be made, what with strollers, car seats, cribs, bouncers, and everything else. Your dadd and I still have some time to figure it all out before you arrive, so there is no reason to worry quite yet.
Tomorrow we will get to see you again on the ultrasound - the doctor will be performing a nuchal translucency test to check for chromosomal abnormalities. You aren't in a high risk category, but the test is non-invasive, and we get the reassurance that everything looks okay for you. There's also the chance that we'll find out if you are a boy or a girl! You already know, but it's a secret the rest of us are interested in finding out. If the doctor can't tell, we'll just have to wait a couple more months.
You may notice that the count of days and weeks has changed a little bit. My doctor calculates the pregnancy a little differently than some other calculators, so from here on I'll use her information. It means basically that you are two days older than we thought, but your due date is the same. We still expect you in early April!
Soon we'll pass into the second trimester, when I should supposedly feel better and have more energy for getting things done for your arrival. I'm looking forward to it.
12 weeks, 3 days
No comments:
Post a Comment